|Birthday||February 8, 1990|
|Friends|| Alana Blanchard |
|Romances||Adam Dirks (Spouse)|
|Family|| Cheri Hamilton |
Bethany Hamilton has become a source of inspiration to millions through her story of determination, faith and hope. During a surf session on Halloween morning 2003, Bethany was attacked by a 14-foot tiger shark, which bit off her left arm and seemed to end her career as a rising surf star. Just one month after the attack, Bethany returned to the water and just over a year later won her first National title. In 2007, she realized her dream of surfing professionally and since then her story has been told in a New York Times best selling autobiography and in the 2011 film, Soul Surfer. Bethany is involved in numerous charitable efforts, including her own foundation, Friends of Bethany, which reaches out to encourage amputees and youth by offering hope to overcome through Jesus Christ. Using her platform as a professional athlete to promote living a fit and healthy lifestyle, she authored the book Body and Soul in 2014. Now as a wife, mother, professional surfer, author, and motivational speaker, Bethany continues to touch and inspire lives globally.
- On August 18, 2013 she married her boyfriend of a year Adam Dirks following a 4-month-long engagement.
- She gave birth to her 1st child at age 25, a son named Tobias Dirks on June 1, 2015 weighing 7 lbs., 9 oz., and measured 21 inches long. He was "named after his great grandpa Tobias, meaning 'the goodness of God'". Child's father is her husband, Adam Dirks.
- She has three shar pei dogs: Fu Min “Fui,” Hanalei “Hana,” Kombucha “Buch”
- She has two older brothers; Noah (8 years older) and Timothy (4 years older).
- She is a devoted Christian.
- One of her favorite verses is Ephesians 2:8-9 “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
To view the Bethany Hamilton gallery, click here.