AnnaSophia Robb was born on the 8th December 1993 in Denver, Colorado, USA, to Janet, an interior designer, and Dave Robb, an architect. She has Danish, English, Irish, Scottish, and Swedish ancestry. Robb began acting by performing on a church stage in her home town in front of 500 people when she was 5 years old. She began taking acting classes and at the age of 8, and was scouted at the age of 9 by an agency in Los Angeles. She drove down to LA with her mom, during the pilot season. 42 auditions later, AnnaSophia booked her first national commercial, advertising Bratz dolls. The second time out to Los Angeles was a big one for AnnaSophia; she auditioned for the lead role of Opal in a movie called Because of Winn-Dixie (2005) opposite Jeff Daniels. Three months, three auditions and one screen test later, AnnaSophia booked her first role in a major motion picture. Subsequently, AnnaSophia appeared as the title role in An American Girl Holiday (2004), a TV movie for Warner Bros, and as Liza in an episode of Drake & Josh (2004). One of her most notable roles is playing the gum-chewing Violet Beauregarde in Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005), in which she stars opposite Johnny Depp. She then starred in the magical fantasy Bridge to Terabithia (2007) in which she plays Leslie Burke, and horror/thriller The Reaping (2007) in which she plays Loren McConnell, and stars opposite Hilary Swank. She also had a supporting role in Jumper (2008). In her spare time AnnaSophia enjoys dancing (Jazz, Hip-hop, break dancing and Irish dancing), swimming, skiing, running and modeling. She is also a talented singer and recorded a song for the Bridge to Terabithia (2007) soundtrack.
|2004||Drake and Josh||Liza||1 episode|
|2004||An American Girl Holiday||Samantha Parkington||Main role|
|2005||Because of Winn-Dixie||Opal||Main role|
|2005||Charlie and the Chocolate Factory||Violet Beauregarde||Main role|
|2006||Danny Phantom||Danielle Fenton||1 episode|
|2007||Bridge to Terabithia||Leslie Burke||Main role|
|2007||The Reaping||Loren McConnell||Main role|
|2008||Jumper||Young Millie||Minor role|
|2008||Spy School||Jackie Hoffman||Main role|
|2009||Race to Witch Mountain||Sara||Main role|
|2010||The Space Between||Sam||Main role|
|2011||Soul Surfer||Bethany Hamilton||Main role|
|2013||The Way Way Back||Susanna||Main role|
|2013||Khumba||Tombi||Minor role (Voice)|
|2013-2014||The Carrie Diaries||Carrie Bradshaw||Main role|
- Insists that she be called by her full name, AnnaSophia.
- Has a dog named Bella, who is a cross between a Maltese and a poodle.
- She enjoys dancing, rafting, reading (her favorite book genres are fantasy and historical fiction), singing, and snowboarding.
- Her single "Keep Your Mind Wide Open" was #90 on the Billboard Hot 100 during the week of March 1, 2007, being her first song to chart.
- In 2005 she was the face of Trad Clothing, helping to design and model a fashion line for girls.
- Prefers "AnnaSophia" pronounced as "Ah-na" Sophia instead of "Ann-na" Sophia.
- She has English, Scottish, Danish, Swedish, and Irish ancestry.
- She is an only child.
To view the AnnaSophia Robb gallery, click here.